The library offers a Course Reserves system whereby faculty request particular items to be available for a particular class. The items are available at our Circulation Desk by Instructor or Course. Students can also search for reserve materials in our library’s catalog.
To place Items on Reserve for Your Students, please follow this procedure:
Go to the Circulation Desk in Building C (Library).
Bring the item you want on Reserve if the item is a personal copy. If it is a library copy, we can get the item for you.
Fill out the form at Circulation with the following information:
- Faculty name, course name, and title of the item
- Call number of the item (if any)
- Staff Use Only (formerly scheduling). Item will be available only to faculty. Students cannot use or check out.
- Reserves. Item will be available for students for in library use only. Item may be in use by student when needed by faculty.
- Property of faculty member
- Property of Library
Please allow a minimum of 48 hours processing time for materials already owned by the library. If you are bringing material of your own for reserve, please allow additional processing time.
Please be aware that use of material must follow copyright guidelines.
Most items are designated for library use only and cannot be checked out of the library building. Students will also need their Student ID/Library card in order to access any Course Reserve items.
Search to see if your instructor has placed any items on reserve in the library.