Studying for finals, finishing up a paper, parents coming for graduation–all of these things can make you feel oh so stressed!
We all know that it is important for our mental and physical health to handle stress in a positive way. This article from Life Hack by Tiffany Mi provides “40 Simple and Brilliant Ways” to help de-stress. Here are some other ways that maybe you haven’t thought of and would like to give it a try
1. Do a crossword or Sudoku. Maybe even old school, with a pencil and paper. Use a pen if you have mad skills.
2. Watch something nostalgic that reminds you of good times. Whether this is finding old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Twin Peaks, or The Office, or viewing your favorite movie, it is guaranteed to take your mind of your stresses and put you in a better mood to get down to homework later.
3. Play a card or board game. This is fun to do with your kids or with friends. What Do You Meme? or Cards Against Humanity are fun for adults, but anyone can play Apples to Apples or The Logo Board Game. The laughter that ensues is a great stress reliever.
4. Disconnect from your social media. Just reading about the world’s woes can start to raise the blood pressure. Take a day (or if you can’t take it, at least several hours) and try something off the grid. Unless you are looking at cute kitten pictures (#cutekittens). Then you get a pass.
5. Finally, set small daily goals. Don’t decide that you are going to study for your exam for 8 hours, finish two papers, AND volunteer for 4 hours. Guess what? You will feel too overwhelmed, and become even more stressed. Look at your online calendar and SCHEDULE a time each day for both work and play during the final crunch.
What are your favorite ways to de-stress during finals (or any time)? Reply in the comments below!