EBSCO’s Read It! database “was created for anyone who has a good foundation in English grammar and reading skills. It is a place to find reading material about many subjects. Articles are short, and written to support your reading skills as you learn about topics in English that you need for school and everyday life.”
- ELL reading level/lexile information available for each article.
- Users can HIGHLIGHT and LISTEN to a term in context to enable better comprehension.
- Comprehension tests are available at the end of many articles, with a mix of multiple choice and fill in the blank. This helps students to test their level of understanding.
- Users can use REFINE to choose a specific reading level.
- In an Advanced Search, the user can choose a specific reading level.
- Articles can be emailed, printed, saved, and cited.
If you have any questions about the database or using it as a faculty or a student, please contact the library.
—Written by Maria Bagshaw, Reference/Instruction Librarian