Inspired, Informed, Involved
That is the theme of this year’s National Suicide Prevention Month.
- Suicide claims approximately over 800,000 lives worldwide each year, resulting in one suicide every 40 seconds.
- Each year, 44, 193 individuals commit suicide in the United States.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among 15 to 44-year-olds.
- On average, there are 121 suicides per day in the United States.
Library resources: (includes Ebooks available with your activated library card)
- Suicide- A Global Perspective (Ebook)
- Suicide Information for Teens
- Issues in Society: Self Harm and Young People (Ebook)
- Understanding and Preventing Suicide
- Myths about Suicide
- Youth at Risk: A Prevention Resource for Counselors, Teachers, and Parents (Ebook)
- Oxford Psychiatry Library: Suicide Prevention (Ebook)
- Death, Value, and Meaning: Suicide Among the Armed Forces (Ebook)
- Queer Youth Suicide: Unlivable Lives? (Ebook)
- Follow @AASuicidology on Twitter
- Contact the ECC Wellness Professionals at 847-214-7390. They have crisis intervention and support groups to assist you.
- 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Depression Hotline (630) 482-9696
- Para obtener asistencia en español llame al 1-888-628-9454
–Written by Maria Bagshaw, Reference/Instruction Librarian