Environmental and climate literacy is the engine not only for creating green voters and advancing environmental and climate laws and policies but also for accelerating green technologies and jobs.–Earth Day Network
Educate yourself on the issues surrounding climate change, and examine the scientific evidence. Being sustainable in your own life, even by making small changes, can help to mitigate climate change and make your environment, and that of your community, cleaner and healthier.
How can you help?
- Find ways to take action here (plant a tree, march for science, reduce your footprint, etc.)
- Follow along on Twitter using #EarthDay2017 and tag @EarthDayNetwork
- Find information from our Science in Context Database on environmental topics of interest to you.
- Looking for some practical tips? Try our Sustainability Research Guide!
- We have lots of books in our library catalog on climate change. Click here for a sample.
–Written by Maria Bagshaw, Reference/Instruction Librarian