The ECC Library’s Lexis Nexis Database contains three types of searchable subjects: News, Company Info, and Legal information. Today we want to focus on some great aspects of the News portion of the database.
Lexis’ News offers over 2,300 newspaper resources and provides a global perspective. Highlights include:
- Today’s Front page news-international perspectives on what is happening today
- Hot Topics Links– recent information on topics, updated continually to be current up to 3 weeks
- Web news (separate tab in results list)-this tab (highlighted above) links out to over 300 web news sources not included in the newspaper subscriptions through Lexis.
Once you have identified a resource, you have convenient options for saving and citing that resource.
- The first three icons are for printing, emailing, and saving.
- The open book icon is to cite the resource. You have the choice of MLA, APA, and Chicago style.
- The cloud and arrow icon is to upload your result(s) to either Dropbox or to Google Drive.
The Lexis Nexis database has so much more to offer! If you want to learn more, contact the librarians.
–Maria Bagshaw, Reference Librarian